My bucket list




A new buzzword that most people around me seem to be using these days is: Bucket List. I’m not sure if it happened after that movie became a blockbuster or after suddenly the world woke up to the reality of living each day to the fullest – I don’t know. But what I do know is that I endorse the idea :)

I do think that we seem to be living a life that is governed by external restrictions, guidelines and rules to such an extent, that we need a list of things that we specifically design for ourselves, for our own joy, for our own happiness. Yes, we need a bucket list. So what is a bucket list, you ask? Well, a Bucket List is the absolute must-do of a lifetime. The things you'd regret never having done and the experiences that you'd wish you enjoyed while you had the opportunity, time, strength and age. Here are the top 5 items on my bucket list:

Live in a village in Spain or Italy for 3 months: I am very fascinated by foreign cultures especially that of rural places there. One of my most special and ardent wishes is to live in the countryside abroad for a small period of time. I would like to interact with the simple folks from another culture and learn a thing or two from them.

Learn a new language: I love difference languages and cultures. But somehow I am never able to devote as much time as I want to this love of mine. One of the things that I would like to do if I had no time restrictions on me right now would be learn a new language. It would expose me to a different life and new worlds.

Learn singing: I have always imagined myself to be a vocalist just that I can’t sing for nuts! If given a chance, time and write vocal chords, I would love to learn singing, and then go on to perform in front of a live audience one day :)

Go on a road trip across the country: India is so beautiful and so wonderfully unexplored! There is so much beauty on the roads of this country and off it that I just have to add it to my bucket list! I will go on a road trip from Kanyakumari to Kashmir, and soak in the beauty and wonders of this country, its food, people and marvels!

Buy a house by the beach: Alas, I don’t have the money but I want to really own a large villa by the beach. Imagine sitting across the glass walls, watching the waves crash in and the boats in a distance. One of my dreams is to have my own little heaven by the beach somewhere. In fact I feel that I am even ok to have it on the top of a mountain or in the middle of a lush field – it just has to be large and have glass windows!

So what’s your bucket list? What would you do if you could live #Befikarumarbhar? What will be your insurance for life :)


Comments

Red Handed said…
Road trip across the country. I so want to do that!!!

Popular Posts