In the iconic words of Navjyot Singh Sidhhu,
“Guru, is there is anything that beats a well-aged scotch,
It’s the gentleman’s game of cricket!
Guru, if you are looking to go to heaven,
The pleasures hidden in this game have the ticket!”
(Okay, these are my iconic words but I said Mr. Sidhhu’s name so that you read the lines in his inimitable style!)
Cricket Premier Legue is here, which means madness is here. Empty roads are here. Sudden get togethers to watch matches are here. Lots of beer and chips are here. Excuses at office to leave early for work are here. I did not really grow up being cricket obsessed, but living in a county like India and having a mom who loves cricket didn’t leave me with much choice. So I proudly join a bunch of fanatics now who stay glued to the TV for each match and try to get tickets for all the matches that happen in Bangalore.
For obvious reasons, the team I am cheering for is the Bangalore team. Other than the fact that I am a devoted Bangalorean, I have a bunch of very valid reasons for why I’m cheering for the Royal Challengers Bangalore. Here they are!
- The Royal challengers have two of my most favorite players, Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers. They both not only look drool-worthy good, but also play like veterans each time. I like Chris Gayle too, though he wish he ran more to score single and double runs!
- Just like the team owner Vijay Mallya, the Royal Chellengers themselves are full of style and flamboyance. Unlike the others teams, each time the Bangalore team enters the field, it feels like the style quotient has gone up by many notches!
- The Bangalore team is armed with some of the best strikers of the ball in T20 cricket. Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers, Virat Kohli and now Yuvraj Singh – all of them are playing well.
- The bowling department of RCB is looking very good with Mitchell Starc, Varun Aaron and Albie Morkel while Muttiah Muralitharan and Shadab Jakati are acing the spin bowling.
- Coached by New Zealand stalwart Daniel Vettori alongside bowling coach Allan Donald and Trent Woodhill as the batting coach, the team is in able hands.
Though last season was not very bright for RCB, I am sure that they will rise and shine this year with some excellent player line-up and best wishes of fans like me!
This Cricket Season, look no further than txtWeb on your mobile to capture the best Cricket fun.
- Get Cricket scores on the go, SMS @cri to 51115
- Catch up on cricketing action SMS @highlights to 51115
- Enjoy latest cricket news SMS @crinews to 51115
- Be your own cricket star SMS @superover to 51115
- LOL with Navjot Singh Siddhu SMS @sidhu to 51115
Note: This post is written for a txtWeb and Ripplelinks blogger activity. Images are from websites of RCB, ibnlive, Indiatvnews, popcreen and coverbooth.